Hadyn Pkok

Default ?? Extra blank lines in 'address' cell after exporting to Excel

OS = XP Pro latest sp; MSOffice Pro 2003 latest sp

I am using SQL Reporting Services (Sp1) to export data to Excel. The SQL
query grabbing the data requires a case statement with carriage returns to
format Address data. For instance the output looks as follows:

SRT: ATTN: Sales
1603 Plasma Ave
Stonewashed, IL 60135

When I export the report to Excel, the cell containing the address info gets
formatted with a blank line (within the cell) between each address line. For
instance:

SRT: ATTN: Sales

1603 Plasma Ave

Stonewashed, IL 60135

Is there a way to update the address column to remove these blank lines? I
have attempted various formatting tricks in SQL Reporting Services and
nothing seems to work. So, I thought there might be a way to export the data
to Excel then update that column to remove the blank lines.

Any help would be welcome...

Hadyn
arunkhemlai

I don't know much about the reporting services, so can't address your
question.
But if it's possible for you not to use it, you can try to use excel to
IMPORT data from sql instead; it may of may not help.

arunkhemlai

"Hadyn Pkok" wrote:

OS = XP Pro latest sp; MSOffice Pro 2003 latest sp

I am using SQL Reporting Services (Sp1) to export data to Excel. The SQL
query grabbing the data requires a case statement with carriage returns to
format Address data. For instance the output looks as follows:

Hadyn Pkok

Thanks. People in the company are running these reports individually and
don't have the ability to run the required SQL queries, so I need to continue
with the Report Service. They need the to run the report and export it to
Excel. I thought there might be a way to update the Excel column to remove
additional lines in the cell after they do the export.

Hadyn

Hi,

"Hadyn Pkok" wrote:

OS = XP Pro latest sp; MSOffice Pro 2003 latest sp

I am using SQL Reporting Services (Sp1) to export data to Excel. The SQL
query grabbing the data requires a case statement with carriage returns to
format Address data. For instance the output looks as follows:

Gord Dibben

Hadyn

See one possible at your first post.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:55:02 -0700, "Hadyn Pkok"
wrote:

Thanks. People in the company are running these reports individually and
don't have the ability to run the required SQL queries, so I need to continue
with the Report Service. They need the to run the report and export it to
Excel. I thought there might be a way to update the Excel column to remove
additional lines in the cell after they do the export.

Hadyn

Hi,