Old December 3rd 04, 10:16 PM
.:mmac:.

Default Date on two lines using a custom cell format possible?

I have a single cell set to display the date as

Sun, 1/1

and I would prefer it to be centered on two lines in the cell like:

Sunday
1/1

When entering text it is done using the Alt key but how can I do it with a
cell custom format?

Old December 3rd 04, 10:38 PM
Frank Kabel

Hi
AFAIK this is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Old December 4th 04, 12:08 AM
.:mmac:.

I keep running into that problem.
Thanks.

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
AFAIK this is not possible

Old December 4th 04, 12:48 AM
Gord Dibben

If you can live with the date as a text entry enter Sunday then ALT + ENTER
then 3 spaces and 1/1

Format the row to Autofit.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Old December 4th 04, 05:46 PM
David McRitchie

You can format as you wanted dddd then Alt+0010 then mmm dd
and turn cell wrap on *BUT* the column cannot be narrower than if
you had it all on one line within the cell.

If you have another cell to get the date value from you can
use =TEXT(B22,"ddd"&CHAR(10)&"mmm dd")
then if you don't want left alignmnet realign as center, or right
(your 1/1 is too ambiguous for me)

---
HTH,

Old December 4th 04, 09:41 PM
.:mmac:.

Excellent! Right on target! I like the mmm format better now that I can fit
it in the wrapped cell. I had no idea that you could put extended characters
in the formatting.
Thank you very much!