Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lookup with uneven columns

Hi I am searching through 2 uneven columns, column A with ~1500 rows
and column B with ~250 rows.

Column A is obviously much more inclusive, but I need to know if an
entry in column B appears anywhere in column A. I'm looking for a
function/macro that can be written-and-edited to search for an entry in
both column A and B.

ctrl+f is painful and an IF function is not practical with 250 rows,
let alone editing it and pasting down 1500 rows each time it is edited.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe something like this:

Enter in C1 and copy down to the end of the list in column B:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B1,A$1:A$1500,0)),"","Match")

Biff

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi I am searching through 2 uneven columns, column A with ~1500 rows
and column B with ~250 rows.

Column A is obviously much more inclusive, but I need to know if an
entry in column B appears anywhere in column A. I'm looking for a
function/macro that can be written-and-edited to search for an entry in
both column A and B.

ctrl+f is painful and an IF function is not practical with 250 rows,
let alone editing it and pasting down 1500 rows each time it is edited.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff

oups.com...

T. Valko wrote:
Maybe something like this:

Enter in C1 and copy down to the end of the list in column B:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B1,A$1:A$1500,0)),"","Match")

Biff

ps.com...