Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
macshimi

Default Lookup Two Columns - Again

I recently posted a question that Vito answered very well, however, my data
is more complicated than I originally explained.

Here is my revised problem:

I have one spreadsheet that contains MONTHLY pension payments with Employee
ID, the Monthly Pay Date and various Pensions details.

In the second spreadsheet I have a column of Employee ID (Note that the
Employee ID can differ only by an alpha character), a second with Pay Incease
Date and a third column with New Pay Rate; as show below:
Employee Increase Date Pay Rate
764753 24-May-01 9,531.60
764753 24-May-02 10,038.60
764753 23-Jun-02 11,823.24
764753 24-Jun-02 10,038.60
764753 01-Sep-02 10,565.88
764753 22-Sep-02 12,431.64
764753 24-May-03 12,634.44
764753M 15-Sep-01 4,612.14
764753M 09-Jun-02 4,612.14
764753M 15-Sep-02 5,105.62
764753M 09-Dec-02 10,141.30
764761 21-May-01 15,500.00
764761 01-Jun-02 17,000.00
764761 01-Sep-02 17,385.00
764761 01-Sep-03 17,907.00
764761 01-Sep-04 19,000.00
764761 01-Aug-05 24,000.00
764761B 05-Dec-04 9,775.35
764761M 01-May-02 27,000.00
764761M 01-Sep-02 28,000.00

Say I have Employee 764761B with a paydate of 30-Jan-02, I need to find the
LAST pay increase (the CUREENT rate), in this case 9,775.35.

Thanks in advance your the always excellent help given.

Charles