Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DAISY

Default EXCEL should let me establish unlimited numbers of columns.

I would like EXCEL LET ME ASSING AN UNLIMITED NUMBERS OF COLUMNS IN THE
SPREADSHEET, BECAUSE I NEED TO WORK WITH MORE COLUMNS. AND I CAN'T MODIFY
THE MAXIMUM LIMIT NUMBER OF COLUMNS IT HAS FOR DEFAULT. THE EXCEL 2003 HAS A
LIMITED NUMBER OF 256 COLUMNS THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO MODIFY. I NEED
TO WORK WITH MORE THAN 256 COLUMNS, I THINK IT COULD BE IN ORDER ABOUT 3000
OF COLUMNS OR BETTER THAN THAT, IT WOULD BE AWESOME THAT I CAN ASSIGN THE
NUMBER OF COLUMNS NEED TO WORK WITH.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Daisy,

The forthcoming Excel 12 will include 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns.

---
Regards,
Norman

"DAISY" wrote in message
I would like EXCEL LET ME ASSING AN UNLIMITED NUMBERS OF COLUMNS IN THE
SPREADSHEET, BECAUSE I NEED TO WORK WITH MORE COLUMNS. AND I CAN'T MODIFY
THE MAXIMUM LIMIT NUMBER OF COLUMNS IT HAS FOR DEFAULT. THE EXCEL 2003 HAS
LIMITED NUMBER OF 256 COLUMNS THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO MODIFY. I
NEED
TO WORK WITH MORE THAN 256 COLUMNS, I THINK IT COULD BE IN ORDER ABOUT
3000
OF COLUMNS OR BETTER THAN THAT, IT WOULD BE AWESOME THAT I CAN ASSIGN THE
NUMBER OF COLUMNS NEED TO WORK WITH.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Supposedly it will be released in the latter part of this year

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

Portland, Oregon

"DAISY" wrote in message
I would like EXCEL LET ME ASSING AN UNLIMITED NUMBERS OF COLUMNS IN THE
SPREADSHEET, BECAUSE I NEED TO WORK WITH MORE COLUMNS. AND I CAN'T
MODIFY
THE MAXIMUM LIMIT NUMBER OF COLUMNS IT HAS FOR DEFAULT. THE EXCEL 2003
HAS
LIMITED NUMBER OF 256 COLUMNS THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO MODIFY. I
NEED
TO WORK WITH MORE THAN 256 COLUMNS, I THINK IT COULD BE IN ORDER ABOUT
3000
OF COLUMNS OR BETTER THAN THAT, IT WOULD BE AWESOME THAT I CAN ASSIGN
THE
NUMBER OF COLUMNS NEED TO WORK WITH.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Daisy,

You will have to wait for it to be released. It is currently in beta
testing.

For more information on the next version. see:

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2005/9/26.aspx

---
Regards,
Norman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

I's almost impossible for me to imagine a situation, where so many columns
are needed - usually in my projects I don't use more than 20. I think it's
extremly cumbersome to use, when all needed columns are not visible on
screen for user at once. My advice is to change your project's design.

PS. Please don't shout!

Arvi Laanemets

"DAISY" wrote in message
I would like EXCEL LET ME ASSING AN UNLIMITED NUMBERS OF COLUMNS IN THE
SPREADSHEET, BECAUSE I NEED TO WORK WITH MORE COLUMNS. AND I CAN'T MODIFY
THE MAXIMUM LIMIT NUMBER OF COLUMNS IT HAS FOR DEFAULT. THE EXCEL 2003 HAS

LIMITED NUMBER OF 256 COLUMNS THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO MODIFY. I

NEED
TO WORK WITH MORE THAN 256 COLUMNS, I THINK IT COULD BE IN ORDER ABOUT

3000
OF COLUMNS OR BETTER THAN THAT, IT WOULD BE AWESOME THAT I CAN ASSIGN THE
NUMBER OF COLUMNS NEED TO WORK WITH.

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...id=93337735-81
ca-4388-befb-e1bd1fe82e73&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DAISY

Dear Arvi,
The particular reason I need a lot of columns its for engineering porpouse.
Thanks anyway for your comments,
Daisy.

"DAISY" wrote in message
I would like EXCEL LET ME ASSING AN UNLIMITED NUMBERS OF COLUMNS IN THE
SPREADSHEET, BECAUSE I NEED TO WORK WITH MORE COLUMNS. AND I CAN'T MODIFY
THE MAXIMUM LIMIT NUMBER OF COLUMNS IT HAS FOR DEFAULT. THE EXCEL 2003 HAS

LIMITED NUMBER OF 256 COLUMNS THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO MODIFY. I

NEED
TO WORK WITH MORE THAN 256 COLUMNS, I THINK IT COULD BE IN ORDER ABOUT

3000
OF COLUMNS OR BETTER THAN THAT, IT WOULD BE AWESOME THAT I CAN ASSIGN THE
NUMBER OF COLUMNS NEED TO WORK WITH.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...id=93337735-81
ca-4388-befb-e1bd1fe82e73&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DAISY

Dear Arvi,
The particular reason I need a lot of columns its for engineering purpose.