Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Simple Question, But No Answer

I have a cell in a worksheet that is returning the correct answers, but I
can't figure out why the function is written like it is. Here it is:

=+L23

This properly gives the result of the value in cell L23. But why the plus
sign in front of the cell's address?

Joe in Sacramento

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~L ~L is offline

This is a feature of Excel for people who do 10-key. Instead of using = to
begin a formula, you can use +. Excel automatically inserts the =. I think
it is also a compatability feature with other spreadsheet programs?