Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brian

Default Simple Question

This might seem like an odd question but I have not been able to find the
answer before.

I have been getting sent quite a lot of spreadsheets and it has formula in
it that look something like this:

=+A2*A3

If I was doing this formula I would miss out the + sign, what does the plus
sign in this formula actually do.

Thanks for any info...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

The "+" can be omitted.
IIRC, it's a carry over habit for ex-Lotus users
--
Max
Singapore
"Brian" wrote in message
This might seem like an odd question but I have not been able to find the
answer before.

I have been getting sent quite a lot of spreadsheets and it has formula in
it that look something like this:

=+A2*A3

If I was doing this formula I would miss out the + sign, what does the

plus
sign in this formula actually do.

Thanks for any info...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc