-   -   Simple Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76433-simple-question.html)

Brian

Simple Question

This might seem like an odd question but I have not been able to find the
answer before.

I have been getting sent quite a lot of spreadsheets and it has formula in
it that look something like this:

=+A2*A3

If I was doing this formula I would miss out the + sign, what does the plus
sign in this formula actually do.

Thanks for any info...

Max

Simple Question

The "+" can be omitted.
IIRC, it's a carry over habit for ex-Lotus users
--
Max
Singapore
"Brian" wrote in message
This might seem like an odd question but I have not been able to find the
answer before.

I have been getting sent quite a lot of spreadsheets and it has formula in
it that look something like this:

=+A2*A3

If I was doing this formula I would miss out the + sign, what does the

plus
sign in this formula actually do.

Thanks for any info...

Brian

Simple Question

Thanks for that!

"Brian" wrote in message
This might seem like an odd question but I have not been able to find the
answer before.

I have been getting sent quite a lot of spreadsheets and it has formula in
it that look something like this:

=+A2*A3

If I was doing this formula I would miss out the + sign, what does the

plus
sign in this formula actually do.

Thanks for any info...

Max