Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default #value error when opening spreadsheet

Help!! I have a spreadsheet which is linked to about 30 other
spreadsheets.
Most of the functions are just 'sum's and 'sumif''s.
When I have all spreadsheets open, the values are updated in the main
spreadsheet.
If I close the linked spreadsheets, I will lose the values to the main
spreadsheet.
The resulting error is '#value'.

All the links are linked properly to the right spreadsheet. I've also
opened them one at a time and saved my main spreadsheet. What else can
I do?

Thanks in advance!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Some functions do not work when linked to closed external workbooks.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

" wrote:

Help!! I have a spreadsheet which is linked to about 30 other
spreadsheets.
Most of the functions are just 'sum's and 'sumif''s.
When I have all spreadsheets open, the values are updated in the main
spreadsheet.
If I close the linked spreadsheets, I will lose the values to the main
spreadsheet.
The resulting error is '#value'.

All the links are linked properly to the right spreadsheet. I've also
opened them one at a time and saved my main spreadsheet. What else can
I do?

Thanks in advance!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not totally sure about how to rectify your problem but if you want to work on
the summary spreadsheet as a snap shot in time of the other sheets, have you
tried copy all of the summary sheet and then 'paste special'.....'paste
values' to a new sheet? this will essentially give you all of the data as
values rather than formulas and you should be able to close all other sheets
and just work on your 'snap shot summary sheet'.

(Always remember to backup any worksheets to a different location on your
computer before trying anything new to your exisiting sheets in case
something goes wrong.)

" wrote:

Help!! I have a spreadsheet which is linked to about 30 other
spreadsheets.
Most of the functions are just 'sum's and 'sumif''s.
When I have all spreadsheets open, the values are updated in the main
spreadsheet.
If I close the linked spreadsheets, I will lose the values to the main
spreadsheet.
The resulting error is '#value'.

All the links are linked properly to the right spreadsheet. I've also
opened them one at a time and saved my main spreadsheet. What else can
I do?

Thanks in advance!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks all... I have pasted as values to temporarily solve the problem.
That will have to do the trick for now. I was just wondering if there
was any solution to my problem.