Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filling values in a grid

I have a spreadsheet that appears as follows.
How can I replace the number "1" in the cells with the values in the topmost
cell for the reach corresponding column?? I know find and replace would work,
but it's a large spreadsheet, so was looking for something quicker.

Thanks!!!

12 12 12 4 4 8 8
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

1
1

1

1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cecilia
What you say is not enough for anyone to know how to help you. State
clearly what you have, then state clearly what you want to have. HTH Otto
"Cecilia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To clarify, what I'd like to do is in any instance where there is a number 1
replace it with the topmost value in the first row & corresponding column. So
for the second row shown where there is a 1, I would want to replace that
with a 12 in the first column and a 4 in the 4th column.

12 12 12 4 4 8 8
1 1
1
1
1
1
1 1

1 1

"Cecilia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One way ..

With source data assumed in Sheet1, cols A to G (say)

In a new sheet,

Put in A2:
=IF(Sheet1!A2=1,Sheet1!A$1,"")
Copy A2 across to G2, fill down as far as required to cover the extent of
data in Sheet1. This produces the required effect. Copy this range, then
overwrite the source range in Sheet1 (right-click on A2 in Sheet1) with a
paste special as values.
--
Max
Singapore