Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
borikua05

Default Keeping a cell value constant trhoughout a list of values

Hi:

I'm trying to make a column of values calculated with a function.
Inside the function there are two numbers that I want to input (since
they vary). I have 2 cells where I input these values: I3 and I4.

My function is: =ATAN(2*B3*I4/(2-(B3*I3))) and its located in column
D, where B3 is a given value that varies with another function (but I
have no problems with B, I got that covered).

The issue is that I input the function in D3, and I have no problems.
But then I copy it to D4, and instead of referencing the values to I3
and I4 (which should be the same throughout the whole column), it takes
I4 and I5 (that are empty), giving a value of CERO to cell D4. And so
forth it keeps taking the values directly horizontal to the cell where
the function is located at.

How can I reference all the values from column D to the same values of
I3 and I4, without having to copy and paste the same numbers in two
adjacent columns?

THANKS!....

--
borikua05
borikua05's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29320

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Vito

To "freeze" cell references you have to make them absolute using the $

If you want to keep the column index the same put a $ in front of the
column letter and likewise if you want to freeze a row. So if you want
the reference to I3 to remain in tact when copying down the formula, you
would change it to $I$3

So now your formula becomes:
=ATAN(2*B3*$I$4/(2-(B3*$I$3)))

--