Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default In Excel, can Boolean logic be applied to conditional formatting?

I have a spreadsheet where I have used conditional formatting to have cell
change color under certain conditions. Is there a way to apply Boolean logic
to the changing background color? Or is manually counting the cells the only
option?

Thanks,

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No you can not count colours generated by a conditional foramt. You can
however use the logic of the conditional format along with either a
sumproduct or an array formula to generate the count... Check out this link
on sumproduct. There is also a discussion about counting colours at this web
site...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"PeterL" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where I have used conditional formatting to have cell
change color under certain conditions. Is there a way to apply Boolean logic
to the changing background color? Or is manually counting the cells the only
option?

Thanks,

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions