Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Conditional Formatting - Two Dates Comparison

Hi all,

I have a date in Cell A3. I also have a date in cell L3. What I need to
do is this: If the date in Cell A3 is more than 7 days old (from
today's date) and and cell L3 is blank or empty, I need to highlight
the entire row. Can I do this using conditional formatting?

Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This should work:

Select your row
Choose Conditional Formatting
Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is"
Enter the formula:

=AND($L$3="",TODAY()DATE(YEAR($A$3),MONTH($A$3),D AY($A$3)+7))

Select your format color
Click OK

HTH,
Elkar

" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a date in Cell A3. I also have a date in cell L3. What I need to
do is this: If the date in Cell A3 is more than 7 days old (from
today's date) and and cell L3 is blank or empty, I need to highlight
the entire row. Can I do this using conditional formatting?

Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes you can?

You would use Formula is, iso cell value =
Use the formula =AND($L$3="",$A$3+7<TODAY())in conditional formatting in A3.
Set your pattern for this condition. Now use the painter to drag to the
other cells you want to highlight.