Joe

Default Excel Conditional Formatting Question

I am trying to create a spreadsheet to track suspense dates for projects and
I am having difficulty trying to use conditional formatting in order to
complete my project.

1. I want to turn the cell green it is greater than 7 days before the
date entered into the cell.
2. I want to turn the cell yellow if it is within 7 days before the
date entered into the cell.
3. I want to turn the cell red if it is after the date entered into the
cell.

I want to use this in a spreadsheet used to track due dates (suspenses).
Another words, if my suspense is 1 July 2005, I want this suspense block to
be green if it is viewed on 23 Jun 2005 or earlier, yellow if it is viewed
between 24 Jun 2005 and 1 Jul 2005, and red if it viewed on 2 Jul 2005 or
after.

If anyone can help me out with this task, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you.

Joe

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Assume the cell is A1.

CF1: Formula is =(A1-TODAY())7
Format1: <green

CF2: Formula is =A1TODAY()
Format2 <yellow

CF3: Formula is =A1<=TODAY()
Format3: <red

Of course, you could reduce the CFs by formatting the cell as green and
only using 2 CFs to turn it yellow or red.

In article ,
"Joe" wrote:

[...]

Joe

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. This work great. I also got
another reply that showed me how to do the same thing using the "Cell Value
is" that also worked. I really appreciate your help. It is great to learn
multiple ways to perform the same function. Once again, thank you.
Joe