-   -   In Excel, can Boolean logic be applied to conditional formatting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/116276-excel-can-boolean-logic-applied-conditional-formatting.html)

PeterL

In Excel, can Boolean logic be applied to conditional formatting?

I have a spreadsheet where I have used conditional formatting to have cell
change color under certain conditions. Is there a way to apply Boolean logic
to the changing background color? Or is manually counting the cells the only
option?

Thanks,

Peter

Barb Reinhardt

In Excel, can Boolean logic be applied to conditional formatting?

I'm not sure what you want to do with the background color. Can you explain
it differently?

"PeterL" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where I have used conditional formatting to have cell
change color under certain conditions. Is there a way to apply Boolean logic
to the changing background color? Or is manually counting the cells the only
option?

Thanks,

Peter

Jim Thomlinson

In Excel, can Boolean logic be applied to conditional formatting?

No you can not count colours generated by a conditional foramt. You can
however use the logic of the conditional format along with either a
sumproduct or an array formula to generate the count... Check out this link
on sumproduct. There is also a discussion about counting colours at this web
site...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"PeterL" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where I have used conditional formatting to have cell
change color under certain conditions. Is there a way to apply Boolean logic
to the changing background color? Or is manually counting the cells the only
option?

Thanks,

Peter

Barb Reinhardt

In Excel, can Boolean logic be applied to conditional formatting?

This function may be of use to you

Function CFCount(rng)

Dim rng As Range
Dim cc As Range