Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Highlighting Cells

If I have a colomn of gray cells, how can I have them go white when any data
is entered in that cell? Conditional formating isn't working. Thanks in
advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say its column C.

1. clear all formats in column C

2. In C1 use conditional formatting
...Formula is =C1=""
and pick gray as the background color

3. Copy the format down the column

Whenever you enter a non-blank in column C the gray will go away
--
Gary's Student

"perezianda" wrote:

If I have a colomn of gray cells, how can I have them go white when any data
is entered in that cell? Conditional formating isn't working. Thanks in
advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

cf
cells not equal ""

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"perezianda" wrote in message
If I have a colomn of gray cells, how can I have them go white when any
data
is entered in that cell? Conditional formating isn't working. Thanks in
advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

CF will work.

See answer in the other group you multi-posted to.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP