Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how do i prevent continued highlighting cells when cursor moves?

Somehow the highlight mode is stuck, no matter where I go, the highlight area
can be from 1 cell to multiple of cells up, down, sideways from home cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try hitting the F8 key. If you see EXT in the statusbar (at the bottom), then
excel figures you're trying to extend your range by including more cells.

Or your mouse could be sticking. Try gently banging on the buttons--including
the wheel mouse if you have one.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how do i prevent continued highlighting cells when cursor move

I am having the same problem. Just loaded new software on new computer and no
matter what I am trying do it is trying to pick up the entire worksheet.
I cannot set print area, sum or anything.
any other ideas?