Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating Networkdays and Business Hours

I have been trying to come up with a formula that will calculate the time
difference between two given cells. To get the correct amount of time it
takes employee's to complete the task, I must factor in networkdays and
business hours (8am-5pm). Unfortunately I have been unsuccessful in my
attempts to calculate both factors. Is there such a formula? Any help is
greatly appreciated!

09/15/06 10:05:56 09/18/06 12:15:25 - difference is ???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume your first TIME is in A1 and your second TIME is in B1, then:

=(A1-5:00PM) * 24 -- first days' hours in decimal form (approx. 7 hours)
=(B1-5:00PM) * 24 -- last days' hours in decimal form (approx. 4.75 hours)

PLUS

9 hours for 9/16/06
9 hours for 9/17/06

What you have to do here is split the DATE from the TIME and perform
calculations on both. The days' difference between 9/15/06 and 9/18/06 is 2
days, times 9 hrs per day is 18 hours. So add that to the time calculations
above. You get approximately 19.75 hours.

Dave

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"James A." wrote:

I have been trying to come up with a formula that will calculate the time
difference between two given cells. To get the correct amount of time it
takes employee's to complete the task, I must factor in networkdays and
business hours (8am-5pm). Unfortunately I have been unsuccessful in my
attempts to calculate both factors. Is there such a formula? Any help is
greatly appreciated!

09/15/06 10:05:56 09/18/06 12:15:25 - difference is ???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Should be approx 29.75 hrs.......
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.