Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JBarr

Default Consecutive Days (Not NETWORKDAYS)

Hi,

I need a macro that can count consecutive days. It needs to be
adaptable to various holidays/Closed Business dates and must not count
weekends. NETWORKDAYS does not work because it counts all the days
present as if it were one transaction when it may be 1 or more
transactions. If the following dates were listed for Location A, there
would be 2 transactions as 1/16/2006 the business was closed, but for
Location B it would be 3 transactions because the business was open.
If I used NETWORKDAYS, it would return the value of 6, which is
altogether wrong.

1. 1/13/2006 (1 Location B)
2. 1/17/2006
3. 1/18/2006 (2 Location B, 1 Location A)
4. 2/1/2006
5. 2/2/2006
6. 2/3/2006 (3 Location B, 2 Location A)

The manual counting is time consuming and irritating. Can some one
please help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

I think that the lack of replies to your post is probably an indication
that your intent is hard to divine.

Please explain the requirement more clearly, I don't see how the
locations come in at all, how are these related to the dates - how do
you know which days the business is open?

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486