Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default add time

I want to add a column of times in a time sheet. I can get the hours worked
but can't seem to get the column to add totalhours
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You haven't explained exactly what the problem is but if your times are in
hours/minutes (hh:mm) then ensure the "total" cell is formatted as [h]:mm.
The total should be a simple =SUM(A1:A100).

"jfw-Florida" wrote:

I want to add a column of times in a time sheet. I can get the hours worked
but can't seem to get the column to add totalhours

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a time sheet with column a as start then b is finish and c is total
time. No problem with b-a=c using hh:mm but when I try to sum col c into a
total the answer is not shown as hh:mm. I have tried everything from general
thru custon and the answer is not correct

"jfw-Florida" wrote:

I want to add a column of times in a time sheet. I can get the hours worked
but can't seem to get the column to add totalhours

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just saying it is "not correct" isn't helping anyone to answer your problem.
What numbers are you adding, and what answer does Excel display when you
format the answer as [h]:mm?
--
David Biddulph

"jfw-Florida" wrote:

I want to add a column of times in a time sheet. I can get the hours
worked
but can't seem to get the column to add totalhours

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK - it is a simple time sheet Line one column a is start time say for a Monday
line to column a is start time for Tuesday etc Column b is the end time for
each day and column c is the total hoursw worked for the day. If each day
worked is 8 hours then the total of column c must be 40 hours 0 minutes.

I used the formula =b-a to get the number of hours worked for each line or
day in column c. Then I wanted to sum all the hours worked for column c
which as I said must equal 40 - but the number displayed when using hh:mm is
16.00.