Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default add time

Just saying it is "not correct" isn't helping anyone to answer your problem.
What numbers are you adding, and what answer does Excel display when you
format the answer as [h]:mm?
--
David Biddulph

"jfw-Florida" wrote in message
I have a time sheet with column a as start then b is finish and c is total
time. No problem with b-a=c using hh:mm but when I try to sum col c into
total the answer is not shown as hh:mm. I have tried everything from
general
thru custon and the answer is not correct

"Toppers" wrote:

You haven't explained exactly what the problem is but if your times are
in
hours/minutes (hh:mm) then ensure the "total" cell is formatted as
[h]:mm.
The total should be a simple =SUM(A1:A100).

"jfw-Florida" wrote:

I want to add a column of times in a time sheet. I can get the hours
worked
but can't seem to get the column to add totalhours