Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Denise

Default Entering Times

I have a spreadsheet that has the following columns:

Arrival Time Triage Time To ED Time Saw MD Time Discharge Time

I have about 15 people entering data in this worksheet at different times.
There a a few that can't quite get the numbers entered right - example.

The patient will arrive at 10:30 but they may enter a time that they were
taken to the ED at 8:30 - two hours before they are even here!! I have
talked to these people and told them that they need to watch the times that
they are entering and make sure that they are accurate.

Is there a code/way to set the worksheet up so that if they enter a time
that is wrong it won't let them enter. I have tried Validation - time -
allow greater than or = to. That won't work.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

What's the right time? If you use the built in clock you can set validation
within a few minutes of that time, datavalidationallowcustom

=AND(D1<=TIME(,10,)+MOD(NOW(),1),D1=MOD(NOW(),1)-TIME(,10,))

where D1 would be the cell where the time entry is made

you can setup your own validation message

Incorrect Time! Please check your watch again!

:)

Peo Sjoblom

"Denise" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has the following columns:

Arrival Time Triage Time To ED Time Saw MD Time Discharge

Time

I have about 15 people entering data in this worksheet at different times.
There a a few that can't quite get the numbers entered right - example.

The patient will arrive at 10:30 but they may enter a time that they were
taken to the ED at 8:30 - two hours before they are even here!! I have
talked to these people and told them that they need to watch the times

that
they are entering and make sure that they are accurate.

Is there a code/way to set the worksheet up so that if they enter a time
that is wrong it won't let them enter. I have tried Validation - time -
allow greater than or = to. That won't work.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Denise

I am not sure what you mean. I am looking for a formula or something so that
when they type in an incorrect time (the patient was taken to a room before
they got here) it will alert them and they will catch their typing mistake.
I have formulas to figure wait times, etc. and when a time is typed in wrong
it messes up the times that I am trying to capture.

All of the times come from the patient chart when they are turned in to the
secretary to enter in the computer. Sometimes a time is written wrong or
typed in wrong. The secretaries enter the time no matter what.

"Denise" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

How would you know a typed time is wrong? That is whhat I mean by rules, to
be able to not allow somebody to type a certain time you have to know the
typed time in incorrect?

Peo Sjoblom

"Denise" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Denise

If a person walks through our doors at 9:00 they can't go to a room at 8:30.

Most of the time it is a simple typing error or inability to read the nurses
hand writing. When it is entered like this the formula shows a negative
result.

"Denise" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Denise, would Conditional Formatting work? For example, if Arrival Time is
in A2 and Triage Time is in B2, you could enter in Conditional Formatting for
B2 -- Cell Value is less than =A2 and format it red and bold. This would
at least make the data entry person aware that there is a problem with the
Triage Time entry.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Denise" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Denise

I could do that but my concern is that the secretaries have so much
information that they have to enter that it would still be over looked. Is
there a way that when an time is not right that it will stop them and have
them verify the time?

"Denise" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Yes I understand that but is the time documented anywhere so you can compare
with what they enter? If not is is obviosuly not possible since you need
something to validate against

Peo Sjoblom