Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Denise

Default Entering Times

I am not sure what you mean. I am looking for a formula or something so that
when they type in an incorrect time (the patient was taken to a room before
they got here) it will alert them and they will catch their typing mistake.
I have formulas to figure wait times, etc. and when a time is typed in wrong
it messes up the times that I am trying to capture.

All of the times come from the patient chart when they are turned in to the
secretary to enter in the computer. Sometimes a time is written wrong or
typed in wrong. The secretaries enter the time no matter what.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

So how would you expect to validate the times if there are no set rules?

Peo Sjoblom

"Denise" wrote in message
Actually that won't work. The times may not be entered until a few hours

or
even the next day.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's the right time? If you use the built in clock you can set

validation
within a few minutes of that time, datavalidationallowcustom

=AND(D1<=TIME(,10,)+MOD(NOW(),1),D1=MOD(NOW(),1)-TIME(,10,))

where D1 would be the cell where the time entry is made

you can setup your own validation message

Incorrect Time! Please check your watch again!

:)

Peo Sjoblom

"Denise" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has the following columns:

Arrival Time Triage Time To ED Time Saw MD Time

Discharge
Time

I have about 15 people entering data in this worksheet at different

times.
There a a few that can't quite get the numbers entered right -

example.

The patient will arrive at 10:30 but they may enter a time that they

were
taken to the ED at 8:30 - two hours before they are even here!! I

have
talked to these people and told them that they need to watch the times
that
they are entering and make sure that they are accurate.

Is there a code/way to set the worksheet up so that if they enter a

time
that is wrong it won't let them enter. I have tried Validation -

time -
allow greater than or = to. That won't work.

Thanks for any help.