Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default will vlookup work for me?

My spreadsheet shows a row per product each customer has bought e.g. if a
customer has bought a book and a dvd from us, it will show on two rows.

How do I manipulate this data so that there is 1 row for each customer and
then detailing in two different columns what products were bought?

Each customer has a unique reference that would be the same on each
transaction - would vlookup help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you don't have too many different products, you could create a pivot
table from the list, to get a count of each item sold per customer.

There are instructions and links he

Put customers in the row area and products in the column area.
Put the unique reference in the data area, as Count of unique reference.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures