tawtrey(remove this )@pacificfoods.com

Default IF / VLOOKUP formula won't work until saved

I have a worksheet which uses data validation in one column (Column A) to
select a customer name and then a VLOOKUP formula in the next column (Column
B) to return the corresponding customer number. This was working just fine
but within the past 30 minutes, when I choose a customer name in Column A,
the B value is not returned until I either save the spreadsheet or click on
the formula in the formula bar and then press enter. I did not change the
formula in either A or B.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know of a workaround? The
spreadsheet also uses INDEX and MATCH elsewhere with a lot of tables (which
are not used in the above scenario) and so I'm reluctant to recreate this
from scratch.

Thanks...
Ken Hudson

Check to see if your auto recalc got set to manual somehow.

ToolsOptions...Calculation

If it did, set it back to Automatic.
--
Ken Hudson

"tawtrey(remove this " wrote:

I have a worksheet which uses data validation in one column (Column A) to
select a customer name and then a VLOOKUP formula in the next column (Column
B) to return the corresponding customer number. This was working just fine
but within the past 30 minutes, when I choose a customer name in Column A,
the B value is not returned until I either save the spreadsheet or click on
the formula in the formula bar and then press enter. I did not change the
formula in either A or B.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know of a workaround? The
spreadsheet also uses INDEX and MATCH elsewhere with a lot of tables (which
are not used in the above scenario) and so I'm reluctant to recreate this
from scratch.

Thanks...

tawtrey(remove this )@pacificfoods.com

No idea how it got set to manual but I set it back to automatic and the world
is a good place again. For now. Thanks again so much!