o1darcie1o

Default VLOOKUP won't work

I have 5 columns on two worksheets, same book, idential columns. I want
columns c, d, and e to populate from the 2nd sheet if columns a & b are the
same on both. I need the combination of column a to column b to match (items
are doubled in column a; last three columns are determined then by b).
I tried VLOOKUP (using A2:B2 as the lookup) but that didn't work. I've
tried different IF and AND formulas, and just can't seem to get it right.
Can someone help please?!?!
Peo Sjoblom

Try

=INDEX(Sheet2!C2:C20,MATCH(A4&B4,Sheet2!A2:A20&She et2!B2:B20,0))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

where you would return values from C2:C20 where A4&B4 match in A2:B20

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"o1darcie1o" wrote:

I have 5 columns on two worksheets, same book, idential columns. I want
columns c, d, and e to populate from the 2nd sheet if columns a & b are the
same on both. I need the combination of column a to column b to match (items
are doubled in column a; last three columns are determined then by b).
I tried VLOOKUP (using A2:B2 as the lookup) but that didn't work. I've
tried different IF and AND formulas, and just can't seem to get it right.
Can someone help please?!?!

Biff

Hi!

Maybe something like this:

=IF(AND($A1=SHEET2!$A1,$B1=SHEET2!$B1),SHEET2!C1," ")

Copy across as needed.

If this isn't even remotely close to what you want,
perhaps you should post some sample data (in great detail)
along with the results that you are expecting.

Biff

I have 5 columns on two worksheets, same book, idential

columns. I want
columns c, d, and e to populate from the 2nd sheet if

columns a & b are the
same on both. I need the combination of column a to

column b to match (items
are doubled in column a; last three columns are

determined then by b).
I tried VLOOKUP (using A2:B2 as the lookup) but that

didn't work. I've
tried different IF and AND formulas, and just can't seem

to get it right.
Can someone help please?!?!
.

o1darcie1o

The formula used (adapted to my specific sheets) is:

=INDEX('12 All'!C2:C20,MATCH(A2&B2,'12 All'!A2:A20&'12 All'!B2:B20,0))

My 2nd sheet (containing the values to populate from) is 12 All. The 1st
sheet (needs to be populated) is 10 All. I clicked on the sheets instead of
typing in. This formula returned #VALUE. Both sheets are sorted in
ascending order; column A has numbers, B has text, C, D, and E will all be
numbers.

Any additional help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Darcie

"o1darcie1o" wrote:

I have 5 columns on two worksheets, same book, idential columns. I want
columns c, d, and e to populate from the 2nd sheet if columns a & b are the
same on both. I need the combination of column a to column b to match (items
are doubled in column a; last three columns are determined then by b).
I tried VLOOKUP (using A2:B2 as the lookup) but that didn't work. I've
tried different IF and AND formulas, and just can't seem to get it right.
Can someone help please?!?!

o1darcie1o

Hi Biff,
That gave me actual answers, which is closer to where I want to be, but
still doesn't look right.

As detailed as I can:
Sheet1 (<--this is the actual name of the sheet - easier for getting help!!)
A(Cust) B(Svc) C(Acct) D(Master) E(Ledger)
1006 DJNS
1006 ER
1214 DJNS
1345 PIR

Sheet2 - Exact same column mapping, but C, D, & E contain data based on the
combination of A & B.
1006 appears in both DJNS & ER, and they will have different account numbers
(column C) depending on which it is. I really hope that makes sense!!
Essentially, I want Excel to look at column a, then at column b, and based
on the combination compared to sheet2, return the value from sheet2, col c.
Thanks in advance!!
Darcie