Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I edit an embedded spreadsheet?

I recently received a "leads list", created in Excel, which consists of one
spreadsheet embedded into another. The embedded spreadsheet appears to be
very large (over 1000 printed pages) and contains a lot of irrelevant
information that I would like to edit out, however, I am unable to select any
of that information. Can someone please tell me how to edit an embedded
spreadsheet or at least un-embed it so I can use it? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do you mean by embedded?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"lldelk" wrote:

I recently received a "leads list", created in Excel, which consists of one
spreadsheet embedded into another. The embedded spreadsheet appears to be
very large (over 1000 printed pages) and contains a lot of irrelevant
information that I would like to edit out, however, I am unable to select any
of that information. Can someone please tell me how to edit an embedded
spreadsheet or at least un-embed it so I can use it? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with it, but when I attempt to click on
any of the information, the formula bar reads "=EMBED("Excel.Sheet.8","")".

"Dave F" wrote:

What do you mean by embedded?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"lldelk" wrote:

I recently received a "leads list", created in Excel, which consists of one
spreadsheet embedded into another. The embedded spreadsheet appears to be
very large (over 1000 printed pages) and contains a lot of irrelevant
information that I would like to edit out, however, I am unable to select any
of that information. Can someone please tell me how to edit an embedded
spreadsheet or at least un-embed it so I can use it? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds like someone pasted one excel document into another, as opposed to
the data itself.

Not sure how you would edit that.

Maybe ask the person from whom you received the document to send you only
the original source document, and not to embed it in another document.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"lldelk" wrote:

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with it, but when I attempt to click on
any of the information, the formula bar reads "=EMBED("Excel.Sheet.8","")".

"Dave F" wrote:

What do you mean by embedded?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"lldelk" wrote:

I recently received a "leads list", created in Excel, which consists of one
spreadsheet embedded into another. The embedded spreadsheet appears to be
very large (over 1000 printed pages) and contains a lot of irrelevant
information that I would like to edit out, however, I am unable to select any
of that information. Can someone please tell me how to edit an embedded
spreadsheet or at least un-embed it so I can use it? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for trying to help Dave! SimonCC suggested I double click the
embedded portion, and when I did, it opened right up. Thought you'd want to
know in case you ever run across it again.

Lisa

"lldelk" wrote:

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with it, but when I attempt to click on
any of the information, the formula bar reads "=EMBED("Excel.Sheet.8","")".

"Dave F" wrote:

What do you mean by embedded?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.