Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jolson

Default how do i locate the cell linking to another spreadsheet

on opening spreadsheet a, i am always asked if i would like to update links.
one link reference is to spreadsheet c, which i open and update regularly.
the other is to spreadsheet b, which i haven't used in over a year. is there
an easy way to locate the cell(s) on the tab(s) in spreadsheet a which
contains the link(s)?

it is likely that the update-requesting link to spreadsheet b is no longer
needed, and that i could simplify my process be deleting the cell(s) and
tab(s).

thanks, Jack
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David12345

Maybe you could try Edit-Find and put the symbol [ in the box (or xls ) to
find all square brackets or xls - the links have to refer to another
spreadsheet by [otherspreadsheetname.xls]?