Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Transfering a formula from one worksheet to another

How do you Copy a formula from one workbook to another. I make updates to a
daily changing workbook, so when I have the updates ready i need to transfer
them form one workbook to the original. When I do, the formulas reference
the workbook that I update, not the original. How do i do this and keep the
formulas exactly as they are?
Todd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the cell and copy the text from the formula bar rather than copying
the formula from the cell.

Paste the text into the equivalent cell in the new workbook. You might need
to adjust the cell references if you copy it to a different cell.

Either that or just delete the reference to the original workbook

Regards

Trevor

"Todd" wrote in message
How do you Copy a formula from one workbook to another. I make updates to
daily changing workbook, so when I have the updates ready i need to
transfer
them form one workbook to the original. When I do, the formulas reference
the workbook that I update, not the original. How do i do this and keep
the
formulas exactly as they are?
Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Todd

If you are copying many formulas at the same time, use EditReplace on your
selection of formulas.

Replace what: =

Replace with: ^^^

Replace all.

Copy to other workbook and reverse the process.

Close the source workbook without saving or reverse the process there also.

I find it easier to close and re-open if I need that book open.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP