Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default urgently required help

Please can someone help me I`am desparate!!!!!!

I`am doing an assignment for an exam in excel spreadsheets, I have not been
shown how to do a formula
for a football table, please look at example of the table .

Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts
Arsenal 38 25 8 5 74 34 40 ?

points for a win is 3 drawn 1 lost 0

would be fantastic if someone can help me asap need to complete by late
friday 1st september

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.

If you mean you're supposed to take the number under "W" and multiply it by
3, and then add it to the number under "D", then you could use this type of
formula.

=(C2*3)+D2

This formula assumes that "25" under "W" is in C2.

"Philomena" <u26014@uwe wrote in message news:659bda4639b55@uwe...
Please can someone help me I`am desparate!!!!!!

I`am doing an assignment for an exam in excel spreadsheets, I have not
been
shown how to do a formula
for a football table, please look at example of the table .

Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts
Arsenal 38 25 8 5 74 34 40 ?

points for a win is 3 drawn 1 lost 0

would be fantastic if someone can help me asap need to complete by late
friday 1st september

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:21:40 GMT, "Philomena" <u26014@uwe wrote:

Please can someone help me I`am desparate!!!!!!

I`am doing an assignment for an exam in excel spreadsheets, I have not been
shown how to do a formula
for a football table, please look at example of the table .

Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts
Arsenal 38 25 8 5 74 34 40 ?

points for a win is 3 drawn 1 lost 0

would be fantastic if someone can help me asap need to complete by late
friday 1st september

Old chinese proverb.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and
you feed him for a lifetime".

You can create a formula in a cell by entering an equals "=" sign, and
then completing a formula.

A formula typically consists of typing the reference to one cell (e.g.
"A2" means the cell in column A row 2, then typing something you want
to do with that cell (an operator) like for instance Add "+", Multiply
" * ", subtract "-", divide "/" etc, and then typing the reference to
another cell.

So for instance if you have the number 2 in cell A1 and the number 3
in A2, if you put =A1+A2 in cell A3, you will see the answer 5

Similarly if you put =A2*3 in A3 you will see the answer 9, i.e. three
(the value of the A2 cell) times three.

You can extend this idea and mix operators and have formula like say

=A1*2+B1*3

this will multiply A1 by A2 and add the result of B1 multipled by B2

Now to your table.

The only relevant numbers for your calculation are the Win and Draw
numbers since these are the only ones that count for a points total.

You need to decide which cells contain these numbers, which cell you
will use for your formula and which operators to use.

Go ahead and try using these ideas. Post back if you are really stuck.

Rgds

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:56:56 +0100, Richard Buttrey
wrote:

Old chinese proverb.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and
you feed him for a lifetime".

Modern Version:

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
"teach him to use the Internet and he will not bother you for weeks."

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:

Old chinese proverb.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and
you feed him for a lifetime".

Modern Version:

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
"teach him to use the Internet and he will not bother you for weeks."

--ron

Best Version:

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
"teach him how to fish and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all
day."

Fish 3:16