Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto Racing Score Sheets

I am the timing and scoring offical for a racetrack and want to
automatically calculate points for each event. Most of the work is
done, but I am having difficulty mapping individual heat race points to
the appropriate section of the score sheet.

I use named ranges and cell names that correspond.

Here is an example:

B Heat Results B Heat Points A Heat Results A Heat Points
28 8 23 10
44 7 15 9
13 6 65 8
71 5 9 7
47 4 33 6

Range Names: BHeatResults, BHeatPoints, etc...
Cell Names: BHeat1, BHeat2, (these are for finishing position) BHeatP1,
BHeatP2, (these are for points) etc...

My "Totals" score sheet is based on the finishing order of the night's
main event and is set up like this:

Car Number Time In Heat Points Main Points TOTAL
33 50
9 48
65 46
15 44
23 42
47 40
71 38
13 36
44 34
28 32

I've got the running totals for the night and season working fine. How
do I "map" the heat points dynamically to this matrix based on
finishing order?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

theKarlOS

--
theKarlOS
theKarlOS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36919

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Having been an SCCA Formula Ford road race driver many years ago, I will try
to help if you send me a workbook with what you have done and a complete
detailed explanation of what you want.

Is this for some kind of round e round racing?
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"theKarlOS" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don,

Thanks for the assist. Yeah, this is for short track racing, multiple
classes, some transponder results, some manual results. The goal is to
transcribe all results (manual or electronic) to the corresponding
score sheet for the class to automatically calculate points for the
night's event. These results will then be transferred to a current
totals/standings sheet for print and the web.

The sheet I've attached is extremely preliminary, but should give you a
good idea of what we are trying to accomplish. Just started the process
last week, so these sheets are incomplete as we were using them as a
test.

Thanx again,

Karl
Montana Raceway Park
Kalispell, Montana

|Filename: 7-22-06.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5128 |

theKarlOS
theKarlOS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36919
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566298

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't get the php files. If desired, send direct to my email address.
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify
the administrator

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"theKarlOS" wrote
in message ...

Don,

Thanks for the assist. Yeah, this is for short track racing, multiple
classes, some transponder results, some manual results. The goal is to
transcribe all results (manual or electronic) to the corresponding
score sheet for the class to automatically calculate points for the
night's event. These results will then be transferred to a current
totals/standings sheet for print and the web.

The sheet I've attached is extremely preliminary, but should give you a
good idea of what we are trying to accomplish. Just started the process
last week, so these sheets are incomplete as we were using them as a
test.

Thanx again,

Karl
Montana Raceway Park
Kalispell, Montana

|Filename: 7-22-06.zip |
|Download:
http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5128 |

theKarlOS
theKarlOS's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566298

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don,

To download attached files from Excelforum you have to download while on the
site.

If you click the "View this thread" link you'll be taken to the site and
then you can download the file.

Biff

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
I don't get the php files. If desired, send direct to my email address.
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify
the administrator

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"theKarlOS" wrote
in message ...

Don,

Thanks for the assist. Yeah, this is for short track racing, multiple
classes, some transponder results, some manual results. The goal is to
transcribe all results (manual or electronic) to the corresponding
score sheet for the class to automatically calculate points for the
night's event. These results will then be transferred to a current
totals/standings sheet for print and the web.

The sheet I've attached is extremely preliminary, but should give you a
good idea of what we are trying to accomplish. Just started the process
last week, so these sheets are incomplete as we were using them as a
test.

Thanx again,

Karl
Montana Raceway Park
Kalispell, Montana

|Filename: 7-22-06.zip |
|Download:
http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5128 |

theKarlOS
theKarlOS's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A lot of folks know about that Biff, and some (most) refuse to go that
course!

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Biff" wrote in message
Don,

To download attached files from Excelforum you have to download while on the
site.

If you click the "View this thread" link you'll be taken to the site and
then you can download the file.

Biff

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
I don't get the php files. If desired, send direct to my email address.
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify
the administrator

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"theKarlOS" wrote
in message ...

Don,

Thanks for the assist. Yeah, this is for short track racing, multiple
classes, some transponder results, some manual results. The goal is to
transcribe all results (manual or electronic) to the corresponding
score sheet for the class to automatically calculate points for the
night's event. These results will then be transferred to a current
totals/standings sheet for print and the web.

The sheet I've attached is extremely preliminary, but should give you a
good idea of what we are trying to accomplish. Just started the process
last week, so these sheets are incomplete as we were using them as a
test.

Thanx again,

Karl
Montana Raceway Park
Kalispell, Montana

|Filename: 7-22-06.zip |
|Download:
http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5128 |

theKarlOS
theKarlOS's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff, Thanks for the info. I have often wondered how to do this.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software