Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
theKarlOS theKarlOS is offline

Default Auto Racing Score Sheets

I am the timing and scoring offical for a racetrack and want to
automatically calculate points for each event. Most of the work is
done, but I am having difficulty mapping individual heat race points to
the appropriate section of the score sheet.

I use named ranges and cell names that correspond.

Here is an example:

B Heat Results B Heat Points A Heat Results A Heat Points
28 8 23 10
44 7 15 9
13 6 65 8
71 5 9 7
47 4 33 6

Range Names: BHeatResults, BHeatPoints, etc...
Cell Names: BHeat1, BHeat2, (these are for finishing position) BHeatP1,
BHeatP2, (these are for points) etc...

My "Totals" score sheet is based on the finishing order of the night's
main event and is set up like this:

Car Number Time In Heat Points Main Points TOTAL
33 50
9 48
65 46
15 44
23 42
47 40
71 38
13 36
44 34
28 32

I've got the running totals for the night and season working fine. How
do I "map" the heat points dynamically to this matrix based on
finishing order?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

theKarlOS

--