Old December 16th 19, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem loading Solver

"GS" wrote in message

Is Solver32.dll a COMAddin for the same thing?

Not as far as I know, think it's just a helper

Peter T

Old December 16th 19, 12:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"GS" wrote in message
Might be worth looking in -
HKCU\\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Options
and and look for any conflicts, two OPEN keys with solver perhaps

Peter T

That's really good info to know, thanks! (Geez, you'd think I'd know this
tidbit already; - it just might help with my Addins Manager app!)

The one that can be confusing is the ATP which needs a different approach to
install with its XLL

Peter T

Old December 16th 19, 12:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"GS" wrote in message

Is Solver32.dll a COMAddin for the same thing?

Not as far as I know, think it's just a helper

Peter T

Ok, thanks! That's what I figured since it resides in the same path.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Old December 16th 19, 12:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"GS" wrote in message
Might be worth looking in -
HKCU\\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Options
and and look for any conflicts, two OPEN keys with solver perhaps

Peter T

That's really good info to know, thanks! (Geez, you'd think I'd know this
tidbit already; - it just might help with my Addins Manager app!)

The one that can be confusing is the ATP which needs a different approach to
install with its XLL

Peter T

I've never used ATP. Knowing this path didn't solve my issue for locating where
non-registry listed addins can be found since the ones listed don't appear
here!

Old December 16th 19, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"GS" wrote in message ...
"GS" wrote in message
Might be worth looking in -
HKCU\\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Options
and and look for any conflicts, two OPEN keys with solver perhaps

Peter T

That's really good info to know, thanks! (Geez, you'd think I'd know
this tidbit already; - it just might help with my Addins Manager app!)

The one that can be confusing is the ATP which needs a different approach
to install with its XLL

Peter T

I've never used ATP. Knowing this path didn't solve my issue for locating
where non-registry listed addins can be found since the ones listed don't
appear here!

Not sure I follow..?

Addins in app.LibraryPath and UserLibraryPath automatically exist in the
addins collection whether installed or not. Addins in other locations can be
added to the addin's collection, thereafter will be listed Options or
'Add-in manager' depending on whether installed. If removed entirely should
manually delete from Add-in Manager if still there.

Since 2007 .UserLibraryPath is the default addins location, except for
bundled addins (solver etc) which continue in .LibraryPath

Peter T

Old December 16th 19, 06:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"GS" wrote in message ...
"GS" wrote in message
[...]

Ok, there are COMAddins listing in the respective collection dialogs of various
installed Excel versions that don't list in any folders that I've been able to
find.

Old December 16th 19, 07:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 12:03:50 PM UTC-6, Peter T wrote:
"GS" wrote in message ...
"GS" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Peter & Garry. I tried following all instructions, even removing and re-adding Excel in Programs & Features (Windows 10) Now can't run the following script:

solverok setcell:=Range("Collect.xlsm!absDif"), maxminval:=2, valueof:="0", bychange:=Range("Collect.xlsm!absDif").Offset(0, -1)
solverSolve (True)
solverfinish (True)

I get:

Compile error:
Can't find project or library

Any ideas? Thanks for your patience, fellows!

Old December 16th 19, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"GS" wrote in message ...
"GS" wrote in message
[...]

I failed to mention that the script shown was obtained by recording the procedure under the Record macro option of Excel 2007.
Old December 16th 19, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Am Mon, 16 Dec 2019 11:31:52 -0800 (PST) schrieb programmernovice:

I failed to mention that the script shown was obtained by recording the procedure under the Record macro option of Excel 2007.

VB Editor = Extras = References and set a reference to the solver

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Old December 16th 19, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I failed to mention that the script shown was obtained by recording the
procedure under the Record macro option of Excel 2007.

Sorry I don't use this addin; - Peter is helping me here as much as he's
helping you!

FWIW
You do know that 2007 (v12) is the 'Windows ME' of MS Office, right? I highly
recommend replacing it with at least v2010Pro which you can probably find
online veryvery cheap! (just saying...)