Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Problem loading Solver

"GS" wrote in message ...
"GS" wrote in message
Might be worth looking in -
HKCU\\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Options
and and look for any conflicts, two OPEN keys with solver perhaps

Peter T

That's really good info to know, thanks! (Geez, you'd think I'd know this
tidbit already; - it just might help with my Addins Manager app!)

The one that can be confusing is the ATP which needs a different approach
to install with its XLL

Peter T

I've never used ATP. Knowing this path didn't solve my issue for locating
where non-registry listed addins can be found since the ones listed don't
appear here!

Not sure I follow..?

Addins in app.LibraryPath and UserLibraryPath automatically exist in the
addins collection whether installed or not. Addins in other locations can be
added to the addin's collection, thereafter will be listed Options or 'Add-in
manager' depending on whether installed. If removed entirely should manually
delete from Add-in Manager if still there.

Since 2007 .UserLibraryPath is the default addins location, except for
bundled addins (solver etc) which continue in .LibraryPath

Peter T

Ok, there are COMAddins listing in the respective collection dialogs of various
installed Excel versions that don't list in any folders that I've been able to
find.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!