Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting Office Version Number from Excel VBA

Hi,

I am using verNum = Application.Version to pull the current office version, without declaring the variable it brings in 16.0, when declaring this as a single it only brings in 16, 16.0 is required as I am using this to read & write registry setting.

TIA for any help on this

Raymond
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 29/11/2019 10:01, Raymond Allan wrote:
Hi,

I am using verNum = Application.Version to pull the current office version, without declaring the variable it brings in 16.0, when declaring this as a single it only brings in 16, 16.0 is required as I am using this to read & write registry setting.

Declare the variable as Variant

--
Adrian C