Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Tom is offline

Default What version of Excel comes with Office 2003?

Hi all,

What version of Excel comes with Office 2003?

Thanks,
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Tom" wrote:
What version of Excel comes with Office 2003?

If you have Office 2003, run Excel and click on Help About Microsoft
Office Excel.

My Office 2003 (Small Busn Ed) comes with Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In all versions of Office except 2003, you get the same Excel,
regardless of whether you purchased Standard, Pro, Premium, or one of
the many incarnations of the Office suite. In 2003, you must purchase
at least Office Pro or Premium (I forget which) to get extended XML
support in Excel. Besides this exception, you get the same version of
Excel regardless of with version of Office you get.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 22:43:25 GMT, "Tom" wrote:

Hi all,

What version of Excel comes with Office 2003?

Thanks,
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Tom is offline

Yes, I've looked at it there and it reads MS Office 2003 (11.5612.56060).
However, Software Informer reports that the version is 11.0.5612 but that
can't be right as version 11 was released on 26 October 2006.
Very confusing.

"JoeU2004" wrote in message
"Tom" wrote:
What version of Excel comes with Office 2003?

If you have Office 2003, run Excel and click on Help About Microsoft
Office Excel.

My Office 2003 (Small Busn Ed) comes with Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Tom" wrote:
However, Software Informer reports that the version
is 11.0.5612 but that can't be right as version 11
was released on 26 October 2006.

Why not?

First, I purchased my computer from a major manufacturer. I assume they
installed the latest updates. Or perhaps I did, as part of the first
computer start-up. I don't remember.

Second, I have certainly installed updates since then, some of which might
have included MS Office and/or Excel updates. (I do vaguely recall that to
be the case.)

If you are asking what revision of Excel (i.e. nn.nnnn.nnnn) came with the
initial release of Office 2003, I have no idea.

PS: According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Excel , Excel 11 is
synonymous with Excel 2003 on MS Win, and it was part of Office 2004 on Mac.
You neglected to mention the platform. I ass-u-me-d MS Win. My bad!