-   -   Getting Office Version Number from Excel VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/454500-getting-office-version-number-excel-vba.html)

Raymond Allan[_2_]

Getting Office Version Number from Excel VBA

Hi,

I am using verNum = Application.Version to pull the current office version, without declaring the variable it brings in 16.0, when declaring this as a single it only brings in 16, 16.0 is required as I am using this to read & write registry setting.

TIA for any help on this

Raymond

Adrian Caspersz

On 29/11/2019 10:01, Raymond Allan wrote:
Hi,

I am using verNum = Application.Version to pull the current office version, without declaring the variable it brings in 16.0, when declaring this as a single it only brings in 16, 16.0 is required as I am using this to read & write registry setting.

Declare the variable as Variant

--
Adrian C

Raymond Allan[_2_]

On Friday, 29 November 2019 11:33:55 UTC, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 29/11/2019 10:01, Raymond Allan wrote:
Hi,

I am using verNum = Application.Version to pull the current office version, without declaring the variable it brings in 16.0, when declaring this as a single it only brings in 16, 16.0 is required as I am using this to read & write registry setting.

Declare the variable as Variant

--
Adrian C

Thank you