Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Office automation application which will work with any version of office C#.NET

Can any body tell me is it possible to write office
automation application which will run for any version of
Microsoft Office. To be specific, at any time the machine
will have only one of all the available versions of
microsoft office, it can be 97, or 2000 or XP any one of
them. Now, is it possible that sigle application will work
for all this versions, I don't want to use any extensive
features.

Hope i will get an answere from any of you chaps.. very
soon.

Regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Silly,

Can any body tell me is it possible to write office
automation application which will run for any version of
Microsoft Office. To be specific, at any time the machine
will have only one of all the available versions of
microsoft office, it can be 97, or 2000 or XP any one of
them. Now, is it possible that sigle application will work
for all this versions, I don't want to use any extensive
features.

Yes, but only if you write it in VBA (i.e. not the C# you mentioned in
the subject line). Even then, you should write it using the
lowest-level version and test it in the later ones.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.BMSLtd.ie