Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gw gw is offline

Default Where did all the newsgroups go?

I haven't been programming for a few years now. There used to be several active newsgroups. It appears they are now defunct. Any suggestions where to find other active VB/VBA groups NOT specific to Excel.

Although I am using Excel as a platform, I think my problem is more related to Windows messaging, sub-classing etc. See my previous post "Prevent loss of SetPixel changes by window repaint".

Greg Wilson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

gw formulated on Sunday :
I haven't been programming for a few years now. There used to be several
active newsgroups. It appears they are now defunct. Any suggestions where to
find other active VB/VBA groups NOT specific to Excel.

Although I am using Excel as a platform, I think my problem is more related
to Windows messaging, sub-classing etc. See my previous post "Prevent loss of
SetPixel changes by window repaint".

Greg Wilson

You can try the groups listed below...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"gw" wrote:
I haven't been programming for a few years now.
There used to be several active newsgroups. It
appears they are now defunct. Any suggestions
where to find other active VB/VBA groups NOT
specific to Excel.
Although I am using Excel as a platform, I think
my problem is more related to Windows messaging,
sub-classing etc.

For broader participation, you might want to post future inquiries using the
MS Answers Forums at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us, now called
Microsoft Community.

It's not that I like that interface. It's just that MS has ceased to
support the Usenet newsgroups.

Hence, participation here is limited to the sites that share a common
newsgroup mirror. Since that is no longer centralized at MS, now all news
services will necessarily show the same set of postings.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 22:55:44 -0800, "joeu2004" wrote:

snip

was it Chapelle I am thinking of?

Reminds me of a comedy? or movie line...

"Where are all the white women at?" ---some black dude, as he walks into
a bar (I think)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gw gw is offline

On Sunday, 18 November 2012 21:06:39 UTC-8, GS wrote:
gw formulated on Sunday :

I haven't been programming for a few years now. There used to be several

active newsgroups. It appears they are now defunct. Any suggestions where to

find other active VB/VBA groups NOT specific to Excel.

Although I am using Excel as a platform, I think my problem is more related

to Windows messaging, sub-classing etc. See my previous post "Prevent loss of

SetPixel changes by window repaint".

Greg Wilson

You can try the groups listed below...

--