Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default reporting yes results in one column

I have a very small table of 22 questions which only require YES NO
replies in one column.

How to I either make a pivot table report to just show the YES.

Or set up an advanced filter to a new sheet which just shows yes
results

or is there a better way ?

Thanks

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 06:55:19 -0700 (PDT), Johnnyboy5
wrote:

I have a very small table of 22 questions which only require YES NO
replies in one column.

How to I either make a pivot table report to just show the YES.

Or set up an advanced filter to a new sheet which just shows yes
results

or is there a better way ?

Thanks

John

I do not know about better, but here is a quick stab you can play with
and morph as needed:

xttp://www.mediafire.com/file/mf56vs4tu24ync0/QueryResultShow.xls

You have to replace the xttp with http.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 2, 2:55*pm, Johnnyboy5 wrote:
I have a very small table of 22 questions which only require YES NO
replies in one column.

How to I either make a pivot table report to just show the YES.

Or set up an advanced filter to a new sheet which just shows yes
results

or is there a better way ?

Thanks

John

Thanks - I have been doing some learning and have got an advance
filter to do it - but my issues are now

1 the filter does stay to be used again after it been used once and
the filtered data is in a new sheet

also if I make changes in the main sheet the filtered sheet does "auto
update"

any ideas

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 09:43:54 -0700 (PDT), Johnnyboy5
wrote:

On Apr 2, 2:55*pm, Johnnyboy5 wrote:
I have a very small table of 22 questions which only require YES NO
replies in one column.

How to I either make a pivot table report to just show the YES.

Or set up an advanced filter to a new sheet which just shows yes
results

or is there a better way ?

Thanks

John

Thanks - I have been doing some learning and have got an advance
filter to do it - but my issues are now

1 the filter does stay to be used again after it been used once and
the filtered data is in a new sheet

also if I make changes in the main sheet the filtered sheet does "auto
update"

any ideas

John

My method may help, and then you could use a pivot table to show the
results as a single block of info. The pivot table remains through data
alterations.

You should look at mine, if you didn't yet. No pivot table, but not
difficult to add one.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 2, 8:55*am, Johnnyboy5 wrote:
I have a very small table of 22 questions which only require YES NO
replies in one column.

How to I either make a pivot table report to just show the YES.

Or set up an advanced filter to a new sheet which just shows yes
results

or is there a better way ?

Thanks

John

Why not a simple one click macro to
datafilterautofilterfilter by yescopy to other sheetunfilter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To OP

As an alternative to Don's macro suggestion............

To use an advanced filter with results to another sheet see Debra's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi...html#ExtractWs

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 06:03:25 -0700 (PDT), Donald Guillett
wrote:

On Apr 2, 8:55*am, Johnnyboy5 wrote:
I have a very small table of 22 questions which only require YES NO
replies in one column.

How to I either make a pivot table report to just show the YES.

Or set up an advanced filter to a new sheet which just shows yes
results

or is there a better way ?

Thanks

John

Why not a simple one click macro to
datafilterautofilterfilter by yescopy to other sheetunfilter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:

On Apr 2, 8:55 am, Johnnyboy5 wrote:
I have a very small table of 22 questions which only require YES NO
replies in one column.

How to I either make a pivot table report to just show the YES.

Or set up an advanced filter to a new sheet which just shows yes
results

or is there a better way ?

Thanks

John

Why not a simple one click macro to
datafilterautofilterfilter by yescopy to other sheetunfilter

Nice page - thanks

I have tried - the only issue is I have to repeat the setting up of
the Advanced filter - everytime I change the YES NO responses to the
questions - is there a way to save the advanced filter or keep it
active ?

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The method found on Debra's site is not dynamic.

Turn on the macro recorder and follow Don's suggestion of Autofilter, copy and
paste.

Gord