Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Bar Chart With Custom Labels On X and Y?

I tried this on microsoft.public.excel, but no nibbles.
And, come to think of it, maybe this is a more appropriate forum
bco the request for Object and/or Property names....
I've got some data points that represent "Rating" quality
securities batched by number of days to maturity.

e.g.
For 01-07 days, the rating quality might be .99
For 08-30 days, the rating quality might be .83.... and so forth.

What I want is a bar chart with a bar for each group of days
where the bar represents the relative rating quality of that
group. Bigger bars = Higher quality.

Rating weights, however, are on the order of .25 = good and 2 =
really bad.

So the first thing I do in invert those numbers by subtracting
them from 3.... so good = 2.75 and really bad = 1.

Going that route, I can get the bars, but I am at a loss for how
to assign rating names like "AAA" (numeric = .25, inverted to
2.75) and "A-" (numeric = 1.75, inverted to 1.25)

Screen snap of where I am so far: http://tinyurl.com/46rdke8

Instead of "1", "2", and so-forth along the X axis, I want "1-7
Days", "8-30 Days", and so-forth.

Instead of "1.75", "2", and so-forth along the Y axis, I want
"A-", "AA-", and so-forth.

In the end, I'll need to do this via VBA in MS Access working on
an Excel.Application object.... but I'm so clueless that I figure
the first step is to make it work in plain old Excel (2003).

Can anybody aim me at the relevant Property names or whatever to
customize those X/Y axis labels?
--
PeteCresswell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
[...]

Pete, I don't have your answer; but I have memories of seeing this kind
of information in these forums before. mpe.charting has some traffic --
but frankly I don't recall which ng I've seen this in.

Maybe google would turn up something something useful on a groups search
for excel chart axis titles.

Just had another idea -- The DataPig xl blog might have this info -- or
links to other sites:

http://datapigtechnologies.com/blog/...imated-charts/

HTH

--
Clif McIrvin

(clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit bucket :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Per (PeteCresswell):
Instead of "1", "2", and so-forth along the X axis, I want "1-7
Days", "8-30 Days", and so-forth.

I think I've got this one:

"Category (X) Axis Labels"....

Chart Props | Source Data | Series | Category (X) Axis Labels |
(Select range in source data)

Now, I guess I'm looking for something like "Category (Y) Axis
Labels" - but it isn't 100% analogous bc now I'm looking to label
the tick marks instead of associating labels with values in the
series.
--
PeteCresswell