Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Labels

Is there a way to create labels in Excel using Avery labels? I've tried to
make the rows and columns the same size as the labels but it still wont print
correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sandy;462080 Wrote:
Is there a way to create labels in Excel using Avery labels? I've tried
make the rows and columns the same size as the labels but it still wont
print
correctly?

Do a search for "Avery" in the task pane help of Excel. It turns up
some possibly useful links.

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=127803

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sandy

You have replies to the same question you posted earlier.

Excel alone is poorly suited for creating labels.

Do you have Word?

Use Word's mailmerge with Excel or Access as the data source.

Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see
these sites for help.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 08:10:01 -0700, Sandy
wrote:

Is there a way to create labels in Excel using Avery labels? I've tried to
make the rows and columns the same size as the labels but it still wont print
correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Sandy" wrote:

Is there a way to create labels in Excel using Avery labels? I've tried to
make the rows and columns the same size as the labels but it still wont print
correctly?
If you display rulers and set the margins correctly, it should work, but why not use the preset templates in Word? These allow you to enter the 4 digit number code from the Avery product, and print directly onto it. You can always do a mail merge from Excel into the Word doc if cutting and pasting into a table in Word does not work.