Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Functions newsgroup

What happened to the Functions newsgroup? Its gone. Is this the start of
the demise of the Microsoft newsgroups? Where would I go to find the forums
they talked about in a recent posting?
Thanks for your time. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-US/categories

see also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/nntpbridge.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message ...
What happened to the Functions newsgroup? Its gone. Is this the start of
the demise of the Microsoft newsgroups? Where would I go to find the forums
they talked about in a recent posting?
Thanks for your time. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Some not often mentioned alternatives are...
http://excelusergroup.org/
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/
http://www.allexperts.com/el/Excel/
http://www.eileenslounge.com/index.php?style=12
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Otto Moehrbach"
wrote in message
What happened to the Functions newsgroup? Its gone. Is this the start of
the demise of the Microsoft newsgroups? Where would I go to find the forums
they talked about in a recent posting?
Thanks for your time. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This page was updated TODAY with links to the new forums:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities.../default.aspx?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
What happened to the Functions newsgroup? Its gone. Is this the start of
the demise of the Microsoft newsgroups? Where would I go to find the
forums they talked about in a recent posting?
Thanks for your time. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ron ron is offline

On Jun 6, 1:56*pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
This page was updated TODAY with links to the new forums:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities.../default.aspx?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message

What happened to the Functions newsgroup? *Its gone. *Is this the start of
the demise of the Microsoft newsgroups? *Where would I go to find the
forums they talked about in a recent posting?
Thanks for your time. *Otto- Hide quoted text -

So which of those groups would most closely (exactly?) match this
one?..ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Otto Moehrbach" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
What happened to the Functions newsgroup? Its gone. Is this the start of the
demise of the Microsoft newsgroups? Where would I go to find the forums they
talked about in a recent posting?
Thanks for your time. Otto

Otto, the microsoft newsgroups are mirrored on other news servers.
So switch your newsreader to another server which still has the
ms newsgroups, e.g. eternal-september.org or aioe.org.
You need an account there first, but it's free.

Don't know how long the ms-groups will stay there, but I read
that some admins of other news servers decided to not automatically
remove the ms-groups but wait and see how it devellops.
If the traffic drops significantly, then - I think - they will remove
the groups too.

Helmut.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 06/06/2010 22:01, Helmut Meukel wrote:
"Otto Moehrbach" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
What happened to the Functions newsgroup? Its gone. Is this the start
of the demise of the Microsoft newsgroups? Where would I go to find
the forums they talked about in a recent posting?
Thanks for your time. Otto

Otto, the microsoft newsgroups are mirrored on other news servers.
So switch your newsreader to another server which still has the
ms newsgroups, e.g. eternal-september.org or aioe.org.
You need an account there first, but it's free.

Don't know how long the ms-groups will stay there, but I read
that some admins of other news servers decided to not automatically
remove the ms-groups but wait and see how it devellops.
If the traffic drops significantly, then - I think - they will remove
the groups too.

There are long derelict newsgroups from decades ago lurking on most
news-servers Mickeysoft is deluding itself if it thinks they will
magically vanish just because they stopped their newsserver node.

Traffic may decrease if they can hijack enough onto their snazzy new web
based dross interface - the importance of form over content can never be
over emphasised. YMMV

Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

which of those groups would most closely (exactly?) match this one?..

Since this one (microsoft.public.excel.programming) is still alive there was
no link provided for the new forum.

There is no specific forum for Excel VBA programming . There's a general
Office programming forum that you can filter down to just threads for Excel.
Here's that forum:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ceprog/threads

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ron" wrote in message
On Jun 6, 1:56 pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
This page was updated TODAY with links to the new forums:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities.../default.aspx?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message

What happened to the Functions newsgroup? Its gone. Is this the start of
the demise of the Microsoft newsgroups? Where would I go to find the
forums they talked about in a recent posting?
Thanks for your time. Otto- Hide quoted text -

So which of those groups would most closely (exactly?) match this
one?..ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have no idea how the information in the now defunct 'general questions' and
'miscellaneous' forums was propogated around the web, it was magic to me and
I sincerely hope it is still available somewhere.

However, what I find unacceptable is that at the turn of a switch MSFT has
stopped referencing what is an absolute wealth of information that could be
searched for the benefit of all.

I am reminded of the the passage by the German writer Heinrich Heine

Where they burn books, so too will they in the end burn human beings."
--
Mike

question.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

What happened to the Functions newsgroup? Its gone. Is this the start of
the demise of the Microsoft newsgroups? Where would I go to find the forums
they talked about in a recent posting?
Thanks for your time. Otto

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

Exactly my sentiments (& farewells) expressed a few weeks ago in this thread:
http://tinyurl.com/36lk864

--
Max
Singapore