Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Best VBA newsgroup?

The questions that I have been posting to this newsgroup have become
more advanced over time and often do no longer involve Excel as a topic
- most of my questions revolve around pure VB. Consequently, i've been
getting fewer responses to my questions in general. Perhaps this is no
longer the newsgroup that I should post to.

Is there another newsgroup that i could post to for advanced pure VB
questions?

Also, is there another Excel newsgroup that I should post problems with
more advanced Excel topics like implementing RTD servers? Or is this
newsgroup the best for such questions?

THanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

For VB6, I like microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion. Just don't try .NET
questions there - you're liable to either get ignored or none-too-gently
pointed to the .NET NGs.

Ed

"R Avery" wrote in message
oups.com...
The questions that I have been posting to this newsgroup have become
more advanced over time and often do no longer involve Excel as a topic
- most of my questions revolve around pure VB. Consequently, i've been
getting fewer responses to my questions in general. Perhaps this is no
longer the newsgroup that I should post to.

Is there another newsgroup that i could post to for advanced pure VB
questions?

Also, is there another Excel newsgroup that I should post problems with
more advanced Excel topics like implementing RTD servers? Or is this
newsgroup the best for such questions?

THanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

MSDN does have a VB newsgroup. This would be useful for any VB inquires that
do not rely on the Excel object model. Also bear in mind that VBA is a subset
fo VB so some of the things on the VB newsgroup just would not apply to
excel. For example compiling dll's is not supported in VBA that I know of. As
for the more advanced Excel topics I have nver found a better newgroup than
this. If Bob Tom Bernie or... can't help you then you are really pushing the
Excel envelope. That having been said RTD servers and such are pretty
specific and you might be on your own. But post it here. You never know...

"R Avery" wrote:

The questions that I have been posting to this newsgroup have become
more advanced over time and often do no longer involve Excel as a topic
- most of my questions revolve around pure VB. Consequently, i've been
getting fewer responses to my questions in general. Perhaps this is no
longer the newsgroup that I should post to.

Is there another newsgroup that i could post to for advanced pure VB
questions?

Also, is there another Excel newsgroup that I should post problems with
more advanced Excel topics like implementing RTD servers? Or is this
newsgroup the best for such questions?

THanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks.