Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros on Windows 7

Has anyone had any experience with EXcel 2007 macros written on XP running on
Windows 7 ?
I am considering upgrading from XP Pro to Windows 7 but very concerned that
I may have issues with existing macros.
I am sure that many others will be asking similar questions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wes:
I'm sure you will get plenty of responses on this, but I'll throw in my two
cents on issues I have encountered. The most troublesome problems for me
were file open and file save functions. Since the xls can now be xlsx, xlsm,
etc, I had to program in some tests to see which version of Excel was running.

For example, this kind of issue:

If Round(Application.Version, 0) < 12 Then
strTempWorkbookName = "TempPOMIS.xls"
strSalesPOMISName = "POMISForSales.xls"
Else
strTempWorkbookName = "TempPOMIS.xlsx"
strSalesPOMISName = "POMISForSales.xlsx"
End If

Also, when saving files, you have to be careful in which format it will
save... xls or xlsx. I actually saved a file with a suffix of XLS, but Excel
2007 actually saved it as an XLSX file, and then the user's couldn't read it.

There were a few other features that failed, but they were quickly remedied
by minor changes. Actually, all in all, it was fairly smooth. I think
Microsoft was very careful to make it as seamless as possible.

I'm sure the community will have plenty more to add.

--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"Wes_A" wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with EXcel 2007 macros written on XP running on
Windows 7 ?
I am considering upgrading from XP Pro to Windows 7 but very concerned that
I may have issues with existing macros.
I am sure that many others will be asking similar questions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oops... i probably didn't read your question close enough. I was thinking
Excel 2003 to 2007. I have had NO TROUBLE going from XP to Windows 7 on
Excel 2007... Maybe others have.
--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"Wes_A" wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with EXcel 2007 macros written on XP running on
Windows 7 ?
I am considering upgrading from XP Pro to Windows 7 but very concerned that
I may have issues with existing macros.
I am sure that many others will be asking similar questions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You shouldn't have any problems with Excel macros of pretty much any version
of Excel running in Windows 7.

I've got 2003, 2007 and 2010 all running on Win 7 platforms without any
Windows injected problems.