Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Tom is offline

Default How to use Windows command within Excel macros

Hi,

I want to select a bunch of text data separated by commas from a website,
use Windows copy command to copy and paste it into a worksheet in Notepad
and save it as a text file.
How can I do that? That's all.

In case you want to know further, I then can open the text file within
Excel as a comma delimited data and manipulate it as much as I like. Thanks
for any help.

TIA
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tom

--From 'Insert' menu select 'Object'
--Select 'Word Pad Document'
--Select 'Display As Icon' if you want..
--Edit,save etc; as you want

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Tom" wrote:

Hi,

I want to select a bunch of text data separated by commas from a website,
use Windows copy command to copy and paste it into a worksheet in Notepad
and save it as a text file.
How can I do that? That's all.

In case you want to know further, I then can open the text file within
Excel as a comma delimited data and manipulate it as much as I like. Thanks
for any help.

TIA
Tom

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Tom is offline

That's interesting - a text document within Excel. However, I was looking
for a way to save the captured data as a csv file. In which case I wouldn't
have to save it as a text file first (under Windows) and then open it with
Excel. Thanks for your suggestion.