Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Jim

Default Problem with WIndows in Taskbar command

I have recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003. (I am running XP
Pro.)

When I open Excel, if I go to ToolsOptionsView the box for Windows in
Taskbar is already checked. However, if I open multiple Excel files, they do
not show in the taskbar.

While the multiple files are open, if I uncheck Windows in Taskbar, and tell
it OK to close the dialogue box, nothing changes as you would expect. If I
then immediately reopen ToolsOptionsView, check the Windows in Taskbar
button, and tell it OK to close the dialogue box, all the open files appear
in the Taskbar.

The problem though is when I shut down the computer. When I reboot the next
morning I have the same scenario from above. It seems as though something in
XP is overriding the Excel command. (I didn't have this problme in Office
2000.)

Can anyone help! Thanks for any ideas.

--
Jim