Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Month & Year Text to Date Format - Help Please

Hi,

I need some help as i'm stuck...

I have a cell which has the number 4 in it (meaning April). I also have
another cell which has the number 2010 in it (as text as it is concatenated
from having the 20 manually added to the mid of another number giving the 10
part).

So basically cell A1 has the number 4 in it, Cell B1 has the number 2010 in
it. How do I get these 2 together to give me a date format of 01/04/2010 in
an Excel recognisable date format to use in a vlookup with another
preformatted date cell?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

With 4 in A1 & yiur text 2010 in b1 try this

=TEXT(1&"/"&A1&"/"&B1,"dd/mm/yyyy")
--
Mike

question.

"Louise" wrote:

Hi,

I need some help as i'm stuck...

I have a cell which has the number 4 in it (meaning April). I also have
another cell which has the number 2010 in it (as text as it is concatenated
from having the 20 manually added to the mid of another number giving the 10
part).

So basically cell A1 has the number 4 in it, Cell B1 has the number 2010 in
it. How do I get these 2 together to give me a date format of 01/04/2010 in
an Excel recognisable date format to use in a vlookup with another
preformatted date cell?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike & Per - thanks for your input.

Mike, your answer looked great but couldn't bve formatted to a date which I
needed as it was a text formula but worked perfectly for presentation.

Per, your answer fitted the bill perfectly, worked a treat!

I am very grateful to you both for your help! :)

Louise