Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay3253

Default Format date with just month and year

I need to format a cell so the date automatically changes when the month
changes. The output I need is 2/06 or 02/06 and when the month changes
it should change to 3/06 or 03/06. Thank you

--
Jay3253
Jay3253's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5955

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"Jay3253" wrote in
message ...

I need to format a cell so the date automatically changes when the month
changes. The output I need is 2/06 or 02/06 and when the month changes
it should change to 3/06 or 03/06. Thank you

Have you tried clicking (on the menu) Format, Cells, and experimenting with
what you see there?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

FormatCellsNumberCustom. In the Type box, enter m/yy

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Jay3253" wrote in
message ...

I need to format a cell so the date automatically changes when the month
changes. The output I need is 2/06 or 02/06 and when the month changes
it should change to 3/06 or 03/06. Thank you

--
Jay3253
Jay3253's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=507745

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay3253

anyone know?

--
Jay3253
Jay3253's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5955
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=507745

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln

In Format Cells, enter either of these as a custom format:

To get 2/06:

m/yy

To get 02/06:

mm/yy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay3253

Thank you very much. I never even thought of that. :(

--
Jay3253
Jay3253's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5955
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=507745