Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default named cells. need a 101

I've been building a 'what if' sheet that pulls in this and that from
other sheets. All the sheets have named cells, as does the what if'
sheet itself. I want to copy/replicate this sheet multiple times in
the wb to allow for multiple and concurrent what if setups. I am
worried about named resources (cells) and what's going to happen when
I attempt this. I will experiment, but I'm worried about something
getting picked up in the wrong place. Is there a good 101 out there
that discusses the use of names and what to expect?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There was an earlier posting regarding using the same name within a workbook
on different sheets. Essentially, it concluded that you would need to
modify
the "Names in Workbook" name to differentiate between different sheets,
since all names are at the workbook level and not the sheet level.
Otherwise, when you use Range("somename") in code, it would only apply to
the active sheet, which would involve some very meticulous code writing to
avoid putting or retieving data from different locations.

2 named cells greg Excel Programming 4 May 27th 08 07:04 PM
How many named cells greg Excel Programming 4 January 30th 07 08:57 AM
Excell named cells or labeled cells question [email protected] Excel Programming 8 June 25th 06 05:15 PM
Excel named cells or labeled cells question [email protected] Excel Programming 2 June 25th 06 04:39 PM
inserting a named range into new cells based on a named cell Peter S. Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 4th 06 03:53 AM